Monday, January 12, 2009

Here it is my friends!

If any of you have ever queried for an Agent, or for that matter a publisher you will know what I have been going though. For those who have not ever done this I will tell you, it is a pain the butt! First off you need to figure out how to sell your 85,000-100,000 word novel in basically 2 paragraphs. Let me tell you, not easy! I have spent almost two years writing this book and it has become my 5th baby, so to try to sell it to someone is a little nerve racking to say the least. Finally after several drafts I was happy with the finale product. Tell me what you think, would you buy the book, and if not, tell me why. Don't worry about hurting my feelings, as an Author all I want is feedback, good or bad. Enjoy!

Dear Agent,

I am excited to submit for your review, my first novel. Sweetwater Springs is a completed 83,000 word Historical Romance, with a suspenseful twist. In the spring of 1900, our heroin, Katie O’Hare, has reluctantly returned to her childhood home, only to be faced with unanswered questions and the silent graves of her family. Our hero, Tyler Reynolds is searching for forgiveness when he unknowingly falls in love with the only person who can give it to him. But will she forgive him when she finds out how dramatically his past, altered her future?

Katie is determined not to have anymore connection to Sweetwater than necessary, but when Mr. Reynolds comes to call, she can’t help but fall for his rugged, attractive, nature. Tyler is equally taken with the beautiful young school teacher, and is surprise to find he is open to a relationship with her. Only six months earlier his fiancĂ© had called off the wedding, and left town. However, when she returns for her own selfish reasons, Tyler has to decide between a new love and an old one.

The real conflict however revolves around an old pocket watch that was found ten years earlier in the smoldering ashes of Katie’s home. The watch is not her fathers, and the mysterious initials on the back lead them both to startling confessions, a race for their lives, and into a deadly gunfight. This unforgettable journey could give them both the answers they so desperately want, or tear them apart forever.

I am a member of Romance Writers of America, and an avid reader. I have been published in The Rage, a compilation of short stories, poetry and illustrations. Sweetwater Springs is my first full length novel.

Thank you for taking time to review my letter. The manuscript is complete, and I am in the process of querying agencies. A full manuscript is available upon your request.

Sincerely,

Anna-Liisa Duncan

4 comments:

Erika Kiel said...

Hey Anna-Liisa! Congrats on finishing your first novel! That's so exciting! How did you copyright your work? I am not a novel writer in any sense, but I have some work I would like to submit. However, I am concerned about copyrighting it. Anyway, keep us updated on how it goes! I want to buy an autographed copy!

Dacia said...

Sounds interesting! I'd read it! Good luck with the agent finding.

Unknown said...

I read it! I loved it and I am pretty sure I am in love with Tyler! Johnathan said you don't really want to write a sequel... but I want you to! You are a very talented writer and I would love to read more of your work!

Eli, Trieste, and The Gals said...

very good anna! i can't wait to see it in bookstores, and when i do, i'm taking it to you, to have you autograph it. seriously though, it sound like a very intriguing novel! good luck with everything! let me know what happens.