Thursday, March 19, 2009

Inspired!

I have been inspired by my sister-in-law to get back in shape. We are the same age so it wasn't like I was comparing myself with a 19 year old so I felt it reasonable to want to be like her. Over the past 9 weeks she has lost 14lbs by simply eating right and working out. She is also a mommy and has a taxing Church calling so if she can do it so can I. It has been one week of working out and my body is killing me, but I am seeing some result and it sure does feel good.

All around me I see people who are getting into shape. It is time to get on the wagon and try again to live a healthy life. I just thought about how I will feel ten years from now when I can't do all the things I wanted to do at that age. Johnathan and I will still be relatively young when all the kids are out of the house and we wish to travel and serve missions so NOW is the time to make that happen.

Thank you Jenn for being my inspiration and I really think that I can do it. Now it is time to get on the treadmill!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it, Anna! Just push through the pain. Soon your body won't notice it as much (or at least your mind won't) and you'll feel so awesome! Good luck. Keep us posted on how you're doing. What is your goal to get down to?

Camille said...

Good for you! Thanks for the motivation!

Anonymous said...

Hey kiddo! I am with ya, but I have a few more weeks to take it easy. I still love Pilates twice a week for the tight abs, and heaven knows that mine are gone! We have our baby blessing May 3rd, and we want to invite you guys. We'll give you more details later! Lots of love.