Saturday, March 14, 2009

Love, Hate!


Casey is going through a faze that he hates pretty much anything or anyone that doesn't agree with him, including, mom and dad, brother and sisters, and more recently the front door, the car seat and of course chocolate pudding. It is hard to explain to a three year old that hate is a really strong word and that he doesn't really hate anything. But one of my favorite things is when he says that he loves things because it sounds like I huve...two nights ago it was carrots, and onions and celery that was in the chicken stew, yesterday it was cake, and today he huved almost everything, except Jenna, whom he almost always hates.

It amazes me how simple kids think and how adults are always trying to complicate thing. We can't just love chocolate and hate peas, we have to enjoy chocolate but if we love it then we are an out of control chocoholic. If we hate peas then we are devoid of any ability to try and accept new things. So I decided to state some things that I know I love or hate unconcerned with the possible rebuke I may receive.

I Hate tomatoes, tried them lots, hate them lots
I Hate mushrooms, think they taste like rubbery dirt
I Hate crab cakes, they taste like the ocean
I Hate snow, it is cold and sometimes dangerous
I Hate being alone, I need someone to talk to

I Love Chocolate, it is good and that is all that matters
I Love ice cream, so many flavors, so little time
I Love the sun, it is warm and brings life
I Love romantic comedies, they make me feel good and happy
I Love being around other people, it is nice to have other people to talk to

So there, just a few things that I refuse to complicate. What are some of yours?

No comments: