Monday, March 23, 2009

NO MORE SNOW!!!


We woke up to a thin carpet of snow this morning and hopes of an early summer drifted away. Now don't get me wrong, we live in Rexburg ID and if I thought we would see any sign of summer before August first I would be joking myself, but it was nice to dream! I really enjoy winter around Christmas and when the holiday spirit is in abundance but I also really enjoy the sun and everything that comes along with it.

Spring is a time a re-birth. It makes you feel a bit like a flower peaking its head out of the moist spring earth just searching for the tiny ray of warm sunlight. Then when you feel it you want to spring open and brighten the world with your own uniqueness. I always feel like I want to clean, and de-junk. Put away the winter clothes and the boots, gloves, hats and scarves. Buy new sandals for the kids and most of all plan summer play!

We would like to go out camping and visit Yellowstone Park. Fishing and hiking with the kids is also on the list, and planting a garden. What I think I love most about summer is being out of the house. In Rexburg you can spend as many as 7 months stuck in the house because of bad weather, so the few precious months of sunshine are a beautiful thing to me.

But is seems that I need to reign in my anxiousness for summer and stick it out for a few more weeks. Johnathan likes to remind me that mid August I will be wishing it would cool off for just a few days. Will we ever be happy?

No comments: