Thursday, April 16, 2009

$1 Project

Yesterday I was catting around DI and found this transfer in the craft section.

"Hum, wonder what this is. Ah, a wall transfer! Well we rent so it won't really work on the wall, *thinking* but if I put it on a board then I can just hang it where I want to. And it is only $1.00, can't beat that!"

So I got it and brought it home. It was rather large so I went to look in the garage for some wood to put it on. In a deep dark corner under the stairs I found an old shelf with the brackets still on it. Digging deep into my Home Improvement Personality I got the drill and removed the brackets and took a good look. It was about 5 inches to long so I cut it down with the chop saw and laid it out on the table.Perfect! Now it was time to paint.

I wanted it to go in the bedroom so I mixed some paint I already had to make the color I wanted and went to town. When it dried I carefully sanded it then applied the lettering, and viola, the finished product! I am deciding if I want to hand paint the date we got married on it, or maybe some hearts, but I think for a buck it turned out alright!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job. That turned out really cute!

Dacia said...

sweet deal!

Camille said...

I'm very impressed! I get ideas, but never have the nerve, or the resources to try them out. Now I know who I'll call for help!