Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Back to normal...sort of.

Andie is back in school and the house is calming down. Tyson is going to Gymnastics still and loves it, although he practices some pretty scary things in my front room, like front flips! Casey decided all on his own last week that he wanted to ware underpants which is ok with me, and he is doing VERY well. Jenna is a movin and a shaken, and can get anywhere in the house now in five minutes flat! Johnathan is working hard and is thankful he has a job, and I continue to wait on the Agent to see if she will accept my manuscript submission. That is the normal part of my day.

The abnormal part of my day starts with a seven month old who is trying to walk. A seven year old who acts like a thirteen year old. A five year old who is doing FRONT FLIPS in my living room, and a three year old, who is potty training himself.

I am constantly amazed at how different every one of my children are. Once I think I have things figured out, even basic things, the next child comes along and changes my mind. I guess being a mommy will never be a truly normal experience. I don't get up and go to a job that is the same everyday, I get to get up and go to a job that has surprises every second. I never know if my day is going to end the same as it did the day before. So I guess I can say that the abnormalities of being a mother are pretty normal, and no matter what my idea of normal is, it is going to change, every second of every day!