Thursday, October 30, 2008

Life Lessons

In my struggles this week I have thought a lot about life lessons. Jenna is learning to pull herself up to things. Sometime when she lets go she falls, and then she cries. She is learning a lesson and it has hard, and she must not understand why she has to fall, and why it hurts. At seven months old this is a life lesson. Casey is learning about potty training. He is learning that if you don't make it to the bathroom in time there is a mess, luckily in his case I get to clean it up. :) Tyson is learning about his body, and how things work, and how sometimes things don't work like they should so we need to modify a bit, and now he wares glasses. It isn't always fun, but he knows that it is a must. Andie is learning about life, about school subjects, friends, missing people and change. All of these things at their respective ages are hard and makes them struggle some times. But they have a shield, a bumper to come to, and that is their mom and dad, me and Johnathan.

But then I think about myself, and the things I struggle with, yesterday, today and in the future, and wish that my only lesson was how to walk, or use the bathroom. And then I get the privilege of know others who struggle, just as much as I do, or even more. My friend Bonnie is laying an a hospital bed because her legs were crushed by a car. My friends Jana, Jenn, Tina, and so many like them struggle with infertility, some with no luck at all. I have other friends who struggle with illness, lack of money, job loss, and sadness.

In the past two weeks I watched as people came together so help and love each other. I saw comfort and friendship, dedication and trust, forgiveness and selflessness. But the one thing I saw most clearly was our Heavenly Father and his mercy, love, and fatherly kindness. In a way we are all learning to walk, to develop and maintain our bodies, and to struggle.

Through Pain comes great Relive,
from Sadness comes much Happiness.
Sorrow leads to Peace,
and Friendship leads to Love.

Life lesson learned, our Heavenly Father is the buffer we need to weather our trials. Friends are the supporters who make it possible. Family will love you unconditionally and pray for you, and strength can only be gained through those very trials we hope to live without.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post!