Monday, December 22, 2008

Let it snow!


We woke up to a blanket of white this morning and it is still coming down. Johnathan and I spent forty-five minutes outside trying to dig our way out of the driveway and he was only an hour late for work driving on the bad roads, but look at all the snow! I think it has been a good two or three years sense I have seen snow like this, it is really crazy. Last night we were laying in bed and we heard some people talking out our window. The back of our house is against the church parking lot and there were four boys on sleds being pulled around by a mini van, I asked Johnathan if we should go out and play with them! They had a blast and we could hear them late into the night.


It makes me think of Christmases past and all the memories that were made as a child. I hope that we can make good memories for the kids so that they have thing to look back on, but also look forward to over the years. A couple of traditions that we have already set are that we hang the stockings Christmas Eve, we decorate the Christmas tree the first Sunday after Thanksgiving, we make treat plates for our friends and family, and spend time together making candy. This year we will add the tradition of the Christmas Elf and the story that I wrote to go with it, I think Johnathan is really excited about this one because it is so close to his family.


It is so easy to be to busy to do things, but hopefully the traditions that we are working on will help us slow down a bit so that we can spend the kind of time we should with our family. After Johnathan left this morning Andie and I made Christmas ornaments and we are listening to Christmas Music, the snow outside is really helping to set the mood. Merry Christmas and I hope that you guys can get find the traditions that you want for your families and can spend many Happy Holidays with each other.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Johnathan gave me a link to your blog. You guys have such an adoreable family! I hope you don't mind if I peak in once in a while to see what you are up to! I read through som of your older posts- You think of such cute things to write about and you do such cute things with your family. I hope you guys have a great Christmas!