Monday, December 29, 2008

New Years!

Well just like every year there are resolutions to be made. What are some of yours? I try really hard to do a whole bunch and really better myself over the year, but that gets really hard when life gets in the way and pretty soon you weigh more than before and the house isn't any cleaner and the kids are still watching to much TV and then one night a stranger walks into your house and you introduce yourself to your husband! So this year I am taking the approach to work on three main goals and then the others will be a bonus if I can manage the first ones. So I want you to think of your top three and see if you can stick with it. Mine are as follows.

1. Read my Scriptures and Pray more often. I know this seems like two, but if I do them at the same time each day then it is really one. :)

2. Date my Husband. I know, I know, we have been married for nine years and, why date? Well because he is sexy, and handsome, sweet and gentle and I want to get to know that all over again!

3. Spend more time with the kids. Now this isn't, sit next to them while they watch TV or play Xbox, this is read with them, play with them, talk with them, take them with me when I run errands, camp, swim, chase, tickle, teach and learn with them, be more like a parent and less like a babysitter.

So there they are, my top three. Some of the others go something like this.

1. Get in better shape, so both two and three can be more fun. (Wink wink)
2. Go to the Temple more.
3. Finish another manuscript.
4. Make menus.
5. Stay on top of my laundry.
6. Enjoy life more.
7. Be more positive.
8. Take a trip.
9. Be more supportive.
10. Wright more thank you cards!


So put some thought into it, that's not the hard part, and make a list. Don't be to hard on yourself when next year rolls around and you are only a few pounds lighter and you house is only a bit cleaner...every little bit counts!

No comments: