Sunday, November 30, 2008

Johnathan is broken!

This past weekend Johnathan went to help his parents get moved out of the house so they can be ready for their mission. He took Tyson with him and even thought there was quite a bit of snow they made it home safe and sound last night around 7:30. After getting the kids settled a bit I went out to help him unload the truck and we got everything out but the Marble Slab and a dresser. Johnathan picked the slab up and jumped out of the back of the truck.


Now this was a bad idea for several reasons and I will name just a few. The slab is about 3 1/2 feet long, 1 1/2 feet wide and only weighs about 150 lbs! Next Johnathan was tired from loading, unloading, loading, unloading, loading and unloading about 5 times yesterday. Next driving 12 hours over two days will take a toll. And lastly, He is NOT 18 anymore, as a matter of fact in 11 days he will be 33 years old!

Ok, on with the story. Johnathan jumps out of the truck with this "little rock" and CRACK! Yep his ankle. Luckily he didn't drop the slab and break it into pieces, but he couldn't move so I had to move the slab (remember how heavy I said it was?) By the time we got him in the house and his shoe off the ankle was swollen to twice its size. Thankfully it is NOT broken, but it is a nasty sprain and he will be off his feet for a while.



The thing I get a kick out of is that they traveled over yucky roads, no problems. The loaded and unloaded his truck over and over again, no problems. We got almost everything unloaded and THEN he decided to be Super Man, BIG PROBLEMS!!! I am just really grateful that it wasn't worse than it is.


This is just 18 hours after the accident.


UPDATE!
This is 24 hours after the accident.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I had sort of the same thing happen to me a while ago, but of course not with a marble slab. Jake nicknamed my ankle "fatticus ankleus." Get better!

Tara McLean Derricott said...

Owie!!!!