Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What I am Thankful for

Well sense tomorrow is Thanksgiving I thought I would post some of the things I am thankful for. I know that it would take me all day and about seven pages to say everything so I will just name a few.

1. Johnathan, over the past nine years I have had the privilege of having him in my life. There have been some really hard times, but with him we can get though. One thing I learned early on was that he will always take care of me and the children, no matter what it takes. He loves me even thought I can be a bit dramatic, emotional, crazy, eccentric, scatterbrained and so on. He loves me even thought I have not always been at the top of my game. There is so much of him that I know I could never live without and I look forward to the next years of our life and I am so thankful that he will be my Eternal Companion!

2. The children, Andie, Tyson, Casey, and Jenna. They all have a very dear place in my heart, and I love them all unconditionally. As a teen growing up you can never fathom that you could love anyone more than yourself. Then you get married and that love is so much more than you could ever think possible. Then the babies come and your heart swells with so much love that you feel like you may burst. I get this feeling every time one of them loves me, kisses me, wants me to hold them, looks at me and most especially, needs me. Sometimes I feel like I may loose my mind, but then I realized that Crazy in Love is a great way to be. I thank my Heavenly Father for my babies!

3. The Gospel. I know that without it my life would be meaningless. Through it I have an Eternal Marriage, that means I get to be with my Sweetheart forever! Also that my children will be mine forever, and all those that I love and hold dear to my heart will be with me forever. What is a greater gift than that. Also the knowledge that I am a Daughter of God. I can be cleaning the toilet, not showered for days and at my wits end, but I am a chosen Daughter of God and that makes it ok.

4. Service. I have had the opportunity to serve a Lady in our ward. What a blessing, I have learned so much about endurance, pain, happiness and being grateful. I have truly been blessed for helping her and in turn she has helped me.

5. Struggles and Hardships. This may seem strange, but through these I have truly learned how to trust in my Heavenly Father and turn to him when I need strength. Also these have brought Johnathan and I together in a bond that I believe will never break. We have become stronger people, seeking to make it in this hard world, and learning new tricks and talents to live a happy life. I am glad (most of the time) that we have learned to struggle.

There are so many other things, Family, the Temple, Friends, Everyday amenities, Food, Clothes, Happiness, Gifts, Talents, and Love. If I could spend half the time I do thinking about all the things we need or want and instead focus on all that we have that is good I should be far better off. I hope that this next year I can learn to be even more thankful for all that I have, because I am truly blessed.

No comments: