Monday, November 10, 2008

Oranization

I don't know why this continually eludes me. I will come up with some kind of schedule and work on it for about a week and then everything goes to pot. I get overwhelmed by the task at hand and then I just stop trying all together. Now in my short life time I have found out a few things about myself. One, I want to be organized. Two, I can see how to be organized. Three, I can't get organized enough to figure out how to stay organized. What a dilemma!

So this morning I want to clean my house. This would be a much less daunting task if...over the weekend we had done ANYTHING by way of keeping the house clean. Just like every other weekend we worked in the yard, played with the kids, ate, slept, watched TV and trashed the house. Monday morning, like usually, I wake up to piles of clothed, toys, shoes, Sunday papers, scriptures and the lot strewn around my living room like little evil piles of crap, and as usual the Back Hoe doesn't fit in the house so I have to clean it up all on my own.

How can I avoid this next week, or the week after? How can I get my children and husband to realize that the living room floor is not the laundry basket? How can I keep from doing Saturday night dishes on Monday? The answer is...Organization. So now that I have an answer to my questions, I just need to figure out how to get organized so that I can be organized and...THAT I can't seem to figure out!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha, Ha, Ha! You are so funny. Let me tell you that organization is a perpetual dilemma, and not just when you have kids a home, either!

Anonymous said...

i just wanted to say how much Jake and I appreciate your comment on our blog. We are so lucky that we have friends like you!